The SPCA of Solano County spay/neuter clinic has performed 16,000 surgeries since opening in September of 2013. That equals a huge number of unwanted animals that will never be born. A huge number of animals that WILL NOT end up in shelters, rescues or euthanized. We are very proud of that number and are working to give people options so that everyone can afford to get their pets spayed or neutered.
There are a couple of things you should know when making an appointment. All surgeries are performed by licensed veterinarians. Our patients are sent home with pain medication which is included in the price of the surgery. We don’t believe pain medication should be a decision you need to make based on cost. All dogs are sent home with oral pain medication and cats are given a slow release pain injection.
We have a couple of options when it comes to spaying or neutering your pet.
You can contact our clinic directly by phone 707-448-8750 or email at email@example.com
Cheryl Sherwood Fund for Cats in Need
Many people are aware of the senseless violence at the Fairfield Mall that took the life of Cheryl Sherwood in February 2016. She was very active in the community. She spayed, neutered and cared for feral cats at her expense. Her friends at Benicia Jazzercise decided to turn the tragedy into a positive and lasting legacy for her.
They established the “Cheryl Sherwood Fund for cats in need“
This fund will allow for her work spaying and neutering cats to continue. If you would like to donate to this fund click on the link and the donation will go directly to the Cheryl Sherwood Fund. Keeping checking back in the next week or so for details on our new program!
The Low cost/No cost spay or neuter New Years Resolution!
Thanks to a creative challenge issued to the members of the
Facebook page Solano Besst Pets as a New Year’s Resolution,
we have had donations through the group to provide Spay/Neuter Surgeries for low cost/no cost! !!!
We would LOVE to keep this program going. For more information on the program, to donate, or to take advantage of the program please
The SPCA of Solano County has a couple of additional programs in the works to help even more animals and their guardians!
These little cuties came to us here at the SPCA as strays. They look to be lab type mixes. They could be lab, mastiff, maybe a little pit maybe not. It is anyone’s guess. They will be large dogs probably over 60lbs.
Adoption fee for puppies is $350 and that includes the spay or neuter surgery, microchipping, vaccinations and a free well pet exam with a local veterinarian. All puppies are cleared by our shelter veterinarian before they are available for adoption.
These cuties are active puppies. Their favorite activity so far is to play tug.
1. Everyone in the home needs to come and meet the puppy.
2. All dogs that currently live in the home need to come meet the puppy. Dogs coming to visit must have proof of current DHPP/Rabies vaccinations to meet with a puppy. NO EXCEPTIONS.
It is our job to keep them healthy and they are not yet fully vaccinated.
3. Bring proof in writing you can have a dog where you live. We need to see it. If you own your home you can show us a mortgage statement on your phone or bring a copy in. We don’t need to keep it just see it.
4. Fill out the puppy application. You can get one here Puppy Adoption Application
5. We do not “hold” puppies. If someone comes in that is a great home and they have everything they need the puppy will go with them. The best way to insure you get the one you want is to make sure and bring everything you need with you when you come to meet with them.